Tuesday, December 11, 2012

prepping on a budget vol I iss IV--stay true to you

Sorry for the protracted absence, and it probably won't get better this week. While most of you still have two weeks to go before you get locked down in full holiday craziness, as a Jew--mine is this week. And I am up to my eyeballs in chanukah parties, making special foods, etc. So no blogging time. :(

However, I thought I would take just a few minutes to share some thoughts that have occurred to me. This is not so much about how to save money while prepping, as it is about avoiding a big expense right at the outset. In short, stay true to you and all that entails. Stay true to your cultural expressions, your faith, etc. While there are several of us constantly harping on food storage--you don't and won't see me buying a case of spam. Nor do you see me buying anything that is not certified kosher (except those foods that do not require a kosher certification like fresh produce). Nor do you see me buying those foods that I wouldn't eat if my life depended on it (even though it is in fact kosher)--a prime example being canned gefilte fish. What you will see me stocking up on (since my grossly overestimated storage is barely going to make it through chanukah) is extra olive oil. In my BOB is an Orthodox prayerbook and a Chumash (the Torah, or first five books of the "old testament", in book form).

By staying true to you, you will avoid the enormous expense of stocking up on that "great deal" of stuff you are just going to throw away, or in a best case scenario donate.

thoughts, questions, gripes or complaints? Please let me know in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment